Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie - Family

Being a bookworm, I ended up with a huge collection of books & I read all kind of book from fiction to non-fiction, romance to horrors, comics to autobiography. But there is 2 books that I never got tired from reading it over & over again, 2 book that I linked closely with my life, Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom & The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Both book was introduced to me by a very special person & yes, I thanked him a millions time for all he had taught me.

10th August 2011 can be marked as the worst day this year, family + relationship + work + financial problems all coming together.. Family being the worst of all.. But here's a passage I closely relates to & find comfort with.

"The fact is, there is no foundation, no secure ground, upon which people may stand today if it isn't the family. It's become quite clear to me as I've been sick. If you don't have the support & love & caring & concern that you get from a family, you don't have much at all. Love is so supremely important. As our great poet Auden said, 'Love eah other or perish..'."

"This is a part of what a family is about, not just love, but letting others know there's someone who is watching out for them. Its what I missed so much when my mother died---What I call your 'spiritual security'---knowing that your family will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame."

Love♥


No comments:

Post a Comment